Now that I’m well into newborn baby life I thought it could be helpful to some of you to do a blog about baby products that are actually worth registering for. The best of the best- the items that I am using every day that are in my opinion – very worth the money. So here’s my list of faves divided into sub categories with the reasons/ honest reviews.
- Keekaroo peanut changer – the whole reason I had to have this was because it can be wiped down! And in my opinion it is well worth the price because it can be wiped. I would be spending so much time washing changing pad covers if we didn’t have this thing because our little peanut loves to pee and sometimes poo while she’s getting her diaper changed- especially by her dad. 😂
- Ubbi diaper pail – I love this because it keeps the smell contained like a diaper genie but I can use my normal scented glad trash bags in it. Plus it comes in any color you could want.
- Hello Bello diaper delivery – diaper and wipe monthly delivery is such a nice thing. Plus picking the patterns each month is actually fun. I feel like the price is decent too and you can add on extras if you need them. It’s convenient and I don’t ever have to worry about running out of wipes.
- Baby bum diaper cream brush- ok we don’t use this everyday but when you need to apply diaper cream it’s pretty awesome. Plus you can wipe it off with a baby wipe after.
- Hakka breast pump – I’ll admit I had to YouTube how to use this but trust me when I say you need this. You use this to passively collect milk from the other boob while your breast feeding your baby. It’s great. The only negative is my baby likes to kick it off my boob and then you can get milk everywhere if you’re not quick about grabbing it. 😂 If you’re going to have to go back to work like me you will still need an electric breast pump at times. I also bought a Madela hand pump that I know I will use more once I go back to work and only have a few minutes to pump and no time to deal with the electric.
- Boppy pillow – I use this everyday all day. It’s great to breastfeed with and also just to help hold her. Dad likes to use it to hold her and also be able to hold a video game controller. 😏 The cover sometimes gets messed up from spit up so I bought a really cute set of covers on Amazon so I don’t have to frantically wash any when they get messed up.
- Snuggle me organic baby lounger – we use this all the time and she sleeps really well in it. I know we will have to wean her off it when she starts to roll over so it may become a negative for me depending on how hard that is to do. 😬
- Tula free-to-grow carrier – took some time to get the hang of it but it’s really the only carrier you need. It’s for babes 7-45 lbs. so you can obviously use it a longer time than most. I had also bought a Solly baby wrap and I can only get the hang of it when I have a mirror to use… so it’s not really great for on-the-go at least for me. A friend passed on a ring sling to me that I haven’t really dived into how to use yet but that may end up being awesome too.
- Graco simple sway swing -my baby loves this thing. She spends at least a few hours of every day in it.
- Graco pack n play – this is in our living room and she sleeps in it during the day and is where I can safely put her down when I need to step out of the room for a minute.
- Baby shusher – I didn’t register for this but when I took Indie to her newborn pictures the photographer was using one of these. It’s different than the hatch because it’s portable. It has a 15 minute and 30 minute timer and when I’m having a hard time getting her to sleep it sometimes helps out.
- Hatch sound machine – we use this every night all night. We use the cricket/ night sounds setting most often but there are a bunch of sound and light color options on this. It’s super cool. Plus when she gets older it can transition into an alarm clock that changes color when it’s OK for her to get out of bed in the morning.
- Wubba Nubba – not something I registered for but she really likes it. It’s easier for her to hold onto since it’s attached to this toy plus there are lots of cute animal options. We went with the pink duck. I was also a big fan of the cute lama option.
- Cutie Pat Pacifiers – when she’s not in the mood for her wubba this is the winning paci option for her. The larger size and circle handle seems to make it easier for her to hold it in. We had one and then she liked it so much I decided to get a second.
- Cradle cap comb – We use this during every bath to get the skin flakes out of her hair.
- Flower bath – I’m so glad we got this instead of a traditional baby tub. The best part is after you’re done using it you ring out the excess water and throw it in the dryer. Clean up is the easiest because of this.