- Target is my favorite for many things but holiday decor- specifically their Halloween and Christmas releases are highly anticipated times for me. 😂 Since I already have a lot of seasonal decor the things I purchase and add in are always very selective. Here is last Christmas’ haul of decor mostly from target. Christmas Decor Guide
- Hobby Lobby has great seasonal decor as well but I also love them for every day items. You can’t beat their wooden signs when they’re all 40% off which is basically every other week. Those two stores are my main squeeze because they’re super affordable and always put things on sale too.
- Anthropologie when I can get things on sale.
- IKEA for big furniture pieces at a great price.
- World Market and small businesses/ boutiques for unique details.
- I also have never minded buying second hand. Some of my most unique and favorite items have come from flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales over the years. It takes more time to collect things this way but it ensures that your house doesn’t just look like a department store threw up in it. Here are some of my most favorite second hand items in my house….
- Instagram– 12 favorite accounts I follow that inspire me…
@houseofwondersdesignco Probably my favorite instagram account to stalk. Her home is to die for and you can definitely see her influence in my home decor choices. If you think my house is cool you will love hers.
@heatherholden I just think she is a lovely person and obviously I’m a little obsessed with her plaid wallpaper entry. She’s the lady that gave me my pink paint recommendation I used on my front door and kitchen cabinets.
@sherrielarkins and @amandarydell pretty bright and colorful need I say more?
@shelbygoodman simple thrifted and perfectly styled. Also don’t you just die over her river rock fireplace?
@love.and.grey Beachy, boho, whites, pinks and peaches. She is so artistic and makes the prettiest signs and she seems like a lovely person too.
@saraparsons her bathroom is the stuff my dreams are made of.
@the_simple_farmhouse Pretty black and white simplicity.
@nestingwithgrace love their cozy small home- she knows how to create an ambience inside and out and her family of 5 makes it work in their small foot print of a home.
@raven.vasquez and @jlgarvin love looking in at their girl gang families and the way they make birthdays and holidays so special is goals for sure.
@amylouhawthorne another sweet little girl gang I love to follow along with. She inspired me to do a book wall in our girl’s room that I can change out with the holidays. She’s literally adorable and gives the best shopping tips.
Pinterest– Here is the link to my dream home board. https://pin.it/znsbx2g7qvcvfn I love scrolling on here when I’m looking to change something up in my house and get a direction to my design.
- Movie and TV set styling–
Have you ever watched a movie and fell in love with it because of the vibe of a character – their personal style or apartment? The first movie that comes to mind is the amazing set styling of 500 Days of Summer. If you haven’t watched it in awhile here are some screen stills of Summer’s apartment. Tom’s apartment was pretty awesome too with that whole chalkboard wall where he really got inspired to pursue his architecture career.
Did anyone watch the show supergirl? I watched like 3 episodes 😂 but the main reason I made it to 3 was her apartment. 😍
You can really find inspiration anywhere for your home. I hope you found some good ones to follow on social media from this post!