- FAMILY: My parents just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. They are retired and 2 of my best friends. As I have grown up I have learned to value and appreciate their advice more and more. They taught me to work hard and showed me how to compromise. I also have a brother who is 7 years older than me- he is married and they have 2 little girls whom I love to death.
- LOVE: I married my best friend Bill in September 2009. He has supported me through all my whims and ideas which is no easy task. We got married so young (I was 20, he was 24) that I feel like we literally grew up together. We have 2 dogs Hiro (chorkie) and Butters (our one-eyed French bulldog). If you found this blog because you have followed me on instagram @helloJolley then you already know I am slightly obsessed with them.
- WORK: I graduated with a dental hygiene degree in June of 2012 and have been ‘cleaning teeth’ ever since. Recently I decided to follow another dream of mine and get my license to sell real estate. I am very excited to see what kind of opportunities this new venture opens up.
- HOME: Bill and I bought our current home- an midcentury ranch- and have been working towards making it our own for 5 years now. Our house had good bones but we needed to put our stamp on it. I really enjoy the process of changing something that is ‘just fine’ to us. My style has evolved so much over the years – and I have shared some before and after projects on my instagram – but I hope to post in more detail on the blog in the future. I want to be able to encourage readers to fix the things that are ‘just ok’ to them and look at a potential home with new eyes.
- TRAVEL: At the heart of things I am a home body with a case of wanderlust. Every 3-4 months I get the itch to get out of town- even if its just another part of Ohio – and see something new. Some of my favorite trips we have went on have been: Philly, Washington state, Portland, Nashville and my most favorite – Hawaii. Coming up we have a trip planned to Disney World with family and my 30th birthday trip to NYC. I also have a travel bucket list including California and Australia.
- BOOKS: I love to read. Last year I read 100 books and I have always liked the idea of being a writer. I say this because I have never made writing a priority in my life. I never really was the girl to keep a journal or write for fun. However English class was always my thing and I am looking forward to stretching those old writing muscles again here on the blog.
Thanks for reading– and please leave a comment and introduce yourself!